Download Ebou for macOS on
A Mastodon Client with a Messenger Feel
Ebou is a different take on the Microblogging / Mastodon experience. It groups new Toots by author
and displays them in a UI not unlike modern messengers like Telegram, iMessage or WhatsApp.
This makes it easy to see your friends' updates at once.
It also has a Conversation view which helps seeing replies in the originating
Ebou is currently an experiment and therefore missing many features which you might expect from a
full Mastodon client. They will be implemented over time.
Ebou orders data in different ways.
Timeline: Accounts with the most recent Toots are at the top
Account Timeline: The most recent messages are at the bottom. Ebou will try to
scroll to the last Toot you saw, so that you can conveniently “Catch Up” on newer Toots of your
Conversation: Conversations are also sorted chronologically ascending so that
you can follow a conversation as it progressed over time
Remember, this is an experiment. If you feel that this concept doesn’t work, feel free to contact me
Scrolling to the bottom
Ebou tries to always scroll to the right position in the Account Timeline
If you tap a selection in the Timeline twice, then Ebou will automatically scroll
to the bottom
Where can I download it?
You can download it via TestFlight on macOS.
Just click here.
How do I attach a file?
Just drag and drop the image onto the window
Which platforms does it support?
It currently only supports macOS, but more platforms are on the horizon once the macOS version has
reached a certain stability.
Will it be Open Source?
I don’t know yet. I’m working on Ebou in my spare time. I’ll see where it goes
This website is awful.
Sure, but it is also a 20min hackjob and it loads fast
- Super Minimal Notifications (only Mentions and Ebou doesn’t remember which ones you already saw)
- Posting (including Video / Image attachments)
- Drag and Drop images onto window
- Boost, favorite, reply, bookmark
What is planned:
- Group by more than just users (e.g. Hashtags)
- Your favourites / bookmarks
- Other notifications
- Many small UI affordances
- Other things I’m probably forgetting right now
- The Boosted, Replied to and Favourite counts don't always update as expected.
- The character count/limit in the post window isn't always correct.
- Ebou sometimes has problems scrolling to the correct position in a account timeline